Outstanding Leadership in Government Affairs Winners – 2022
State Representative Jennifer Leeper was elected in November 2020 to represent the 132nd Assembly District, proudly serving the residents of Fairfield and Southport. Jennifer currently sits on the Aging, Commerce, and Education Committees.
State Representative Jeff Currey Jeff Currey, is currently serving a fourth term representing the 11th Assembly District and is a Deputy Majority Leader, chairing the Screening Committee and serves on the Appropriations, Education, and Judiciary Committees. Starting in the 2022 legislative session, Jeff will serve as House Chair of the Commerce Committee.
Outstanding Leadership in Government Nominee Criteria
- Has made themselves available to ManufactureCT by attending meetings or being responsive to communications.
- Has supported legislation advancing the cause of manufacturing in Connecticut.
- Provides clear and tangible leadership on manufacturing related issues.
- Active participation in the manufacturing caucus.
- Introduced, co-sponsored or worked on legislation that would be beneficial to the manufacturing community.
- Can be from the Connecticut House or Senate – one winner from each chamber may be chosen.
Past Winners – 2021
State Representative Kara Rochelle is serving Ansonia and Derby’s 104th district. In her second term, State Representative Rochelle served as Vice Chair of the Commerce Committee and serves on the Higher Education & Employment Advancement Committee, and Insurance & Real Estate Committee. She also serves on the Manufacturing Caucus. Representative Rochelle has been a friend to manufacturing having written and passed legislation to create a pilot program to expand the community college Advanced Manufacturing Certificate Program to more high schools across the state and she secured funding for Ansonia High School students to take advantage of Derby’s Advanced Manufacturing Certificate Program.
State Senator Joan Hartley is Senator of the 15th district representing Waterbury, Naugatuck and Middlebury. Prior to that, she was a representative for 16 years representing the 73rd district. Senator Hartley serves as Chair of the Commerce Committee and Manufacturing Caucus. She also serves as Vice Chair of the Appropriations Committee and on the Banking; Executive & Legislative Nominations committee senator Hartley is a huge friend to Manufacturing having sponsored many key manufacturing bills and being a great partner to the CMC.